Summer is the perfect time to pack a picnic lunch and enjoy some time outside. Below is one of our advisors', Wendi, favorite summer recipes!
COURSE: Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch
CUISINE: American, Italian
Grilled Shrimp Panzanella Skewers, layered with summer peaches, tomatoes, and sourdough bread, finished with balsamic and fresh basil.
- 32 jumbo peeled shrimp (18 oz total)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large peaches
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 thick slice sourdough bread (cut into 3/4-inch cubes (2 oz))
- 16 long wooden or metal skewers
- Cooking spray
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar or glaze (for serving)
- Pat the shrimp dry and season both sides with salt.
- Cut the peaches into thick wedges (6 to 8 per peach, depending on size).
- If using large tomatoes, core them and cut them into wedges approximately the same size.
- Thread the shrimp, peaches, tomatoes, and cubed bread onto doubled skewers, alternating as you like but beginning and ending each skewer with shrimp, for a total of 8 kabobs. Lightly spray with cooking oil.
- Preheat the grill with high heat and oil the grates.
- Grill the kabobs for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until the shrimp are pink and firm and the bread is lightly charred. The tomatoes may be bursting.
- To serve, place the kabobs on a platter. Thinly slice or tear the basil and sprinkle it over everything with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
*If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes before use.*
Serving: 2skewers, Calories: 216kcal, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 188mg, Sodium: 376mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 7g
Blue Smart Points: 1 Green Smart Points: 2 Purple Smart Points: 1
Source- Skinnytaste: https://www.skinnytaste.com/grilled-shrimp-panzanella-skewers/